Artifakt provides you with several runtimes you can use to power your applications.
At Artifakt, runtimes are responsible for running your applications. When you select a runtime, we configure everything that must be running on the platform for applications to execute. Also, we use containerisation which involves bundling an application together with all of its related dependencies, libraries, and configurations files required for it to run.
By default, all created environment in Artifakt are configured with this default sizing:
- 2GB RAM for the application instance including 50GB system disk.
- 25GB persistent storage disk to store your assets.
If you are building a scalable platform, we also add by default a MySQL services (1GB RAM including 25GB storage disk) for the following runtimes:
There are exceptions for these specific & complex runtimes:
If you have your own Dockerfile that you wish to deploy with, you must select the option ‘Custom Runtime’ when creating your project. This will put your project and environment into a custom mode and not use Artifakt’s default GIT templates.
Please note that Artifakt is only responsible for the original runtime provided. In case an issue arises, we will try to reproduce it using the Artifakt-provided image.
- You will be responsible for any Docker Image you are providing if you use the dedicated "Custom Runtime" option.
- If using the Artifakt runtime as a baseline, you will be responsible for all of your modifications unless they've been done by Artifakt Professional Services.
- In any case, Artifakt support team will try to find the root cause of your issue and a proper solution. If the issue comes from your modifications, you might be charged for the service at regular Professional Service rate.